Salary: £21,591 pa Grade 3, points 5-6 (pro-rata £19,552.86)
Permanent Full Time
Term Time + 1 week in the summer holidays
36hrs per week Mon - Fri, 8am – 4pm
Closing date: Thursday 28th March
We are a popular outstanding and vibrant two-form entry primary school with a distinctive Christian ethos.
Our School Receptionist is the welcoming and professional face of St John’s and this is an exciting and interesting opportunity for someone with excellent communication skills, administration expertise, a welcoming persona and patience.
We’d love to hear from you if you…
- Are you a skilled, enthusiastic and flexible customer services receptionist
- Have a sound working knowledge of electronic and manual office systems
- Can work well on your own and in a small team, multi-tasking in a busy environment with interruptions
- Are reliable and use your initiative with minimal day-to-day direction
- Have worked in a school or similar setting
- Are in sympathy with the ethos of our school (you don’t have to be Christian)
- Have read the job description and person specification and feel you are well suited to this role
- A professional environment in splendid well-maintained buildings with superb grounds
- A caring and stimulating environment that enables our children and staff to thrive and enjoy their time here
- A strong, dependable and committed team
- A friendly and supportive school community
- Good public transport links to Croydon, West Wickham, Bromley and beyond
- Free on and off site parking
- Access to private sports facilities
We would welcome your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to interview on receipt of completed applications and to close the vacancy early.
St. John’s School aims to attract and retain talented people from all backgrounds; applicants do not need to be Christian.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; the successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure (DBS).
In line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the expected provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018) the school is responsible for holding and protecting personal data. The school is required to share some data with the Local Authority and the DFE. For further information on who we share data with please see our website for our Privacy Notices: https://www.st-johns.croydon.sch.uk/
Please note that this job is full time and is unsuitable for job share or part-time.
Further details and the St. John’s application form are available on the school’s website www.st-johns.croydon.sch.uk. Email your completed application form to email@example.com
Working at St. John's
St. John’s is a friendly and welcoming school and is a great place to work. Visitors always comment on the ethos of the school being one of the things which most strikes you when you first walk through the door, and this is one of the things that makes it such a friendly place to work. We have a strong staff team and together teachers, TAs and all support staff work to ensure the very best for all our children.
St. John’s is a church school and we ask all staff members to be in sympathy with our Christian faith (but this does not mean that you have to be a practising Christian). We hold Collective Worship every morning and all members of classroom staff attend this with their classes. It makes a fantastic start to the day and means that the whole school community is able to come together before they begin their daily learning.
Everyone works hard to make our school environment an enjoyable place to work and learn for all children and adults. All of the classrooms are bright and spacious and we are lucky enough to have a large amount of outside space including a school field as well as two playgrounds and a Spiritual garden. We all take great pride in our school and take the time to make our displays and learning environments colourful and engaging.
The school is situated in the quiet residential area of Shirley and is easily accessible from both Croydon and Bromley. It is very close to the main road between Croydon and Bromley and there are frequent buses into the centre of Croydon and to East Croydon train station (where there are many trains towards central London and the south coast).
The school has a large staff car park or there is free parking on the road outside school.
We also advertise jobs at www.croydoneducationjobs.org