WELCOME TO ST JOHN’S SCHOOL ASSOCIATION (SJSA)
The SJSA is a voluntary organisation made up of parents, carers, teachers and school staff. As a parent/carer of a child at St John’s, you are automatically a member of the SJSA and we welcome anyone who would like to get involved. The skills, experience and enthusiasm provided by parents and teachers play a vital role in the SJSA’s success and all contributions, big or small, are greatly appreciated.
Schools now, more than ever, are faced with shrinking budgets and growing class sizes, not to mention high standards for teacher and student performance. Rightly or wrongly, schools need the support of families and the community. Through fundraising events, the SJSA has been able:
- to raise funds to enrich the education of all children at St John’s School and support school activities;
- to help build a sense of community between parents, staff and others associated with the school;
- to ensure that children enjoy their time here by providing fun social events and other SJSA sponsored activities.
The SJSA has run a number of successful events in the past thanks to the generous support and contributions made by parents, carers, staff and the St John’s community. During the 2018/19 school year we were able to raise over £12,500 in additional school funds – a great achievement and joint effort by everyone! Highlight events included our ever-popular Christmas and Summer Fairs, parents quiz night, fun filled school disco, and our end of year summer BBQ!
As a result, the SJSA was able to help contribute to the purchase the following items:
- £2300 worth of reading books
- 2 smart boards
- Team sports wear
- Playground lighting
- Author school visit
How to get involved:
Being involved in the SJSA can be a great way to gain confidence, meet parents from different year groups, and to find out what’s going on at the school.
- Become a committee member
- Volunteer to help at an event – we always need people to help organise events, whether it’s being part of a sub-committee, helping on a stall, making cakes, or being part of the clean-up crew!
- Put your special talents to good use – face painting, entertaining, baking, designing, etc – whatever you’re good at - we can find a job to utilise your skill.
- Come along to a meeting or contact the chair or secretary. All parents/carers are welcome.
- Share ideas – this is your school and we value your input so if you have an idea about fundraising or an event, please get in touch!
We are always looking for new committee members who can bring new, fresh ideas to the SJSA and would love to hear from you! Our current committee members are listed below and are always happy to answer any questions.
So if you would like to get involved as a committee member, a volunteer at an event, or just want to come along to a meeting to find out more – we would love to hear from you!
Thank you for your support!